Tuesday 30 July 2019

Belinda - Reading Recovery Teacher: Literacy Support

This term I worked with Belinda, as did all the Junior teachers, we were getting support to continue to help our struggling readers. Nicole, Joanne and I were particularly looking for help with our readers at red as we have a lot of students that are just moved to red because magenta is no longer valuable for them, rather than moving because they are ready. She gave some good ideas and now we are moving to reading one book over two days to really get our worth out of it and to work on some further word and alphabet work with the students.
I was very nervous before my lesson where Belinda observed, however once I got her feedback it made me feel really good about what I do.
There has only been little minor tweaks to what we were doing, but have seen gains already.




No comments:

Post a Comment