Tuesday 30 July 2019

Ashleigh Wade SLT: - LLI- Language and Learning Intervention

Ashleigh is the speech-language therapist for our school. This term Nicole Rebecca, Brenda and I were lucky enough to spend the day with her to have LLI (language and learning intervention) training based around Sharnee and her language needs. This was such a valuable day beginning with being put in the shoes of the children. It was great to think about how much is going on and to think again about how much I am talking. This is something really big that I have taken away from this, about me increasing wait time and thinking about my instructions to minimise the amount the students are having to listen to, comprehend and follow.
It also made me think that we need to use a lot more visuals for the students as well. The slide below is the presentation that Ashleigh went through with us.
Attached are photos of the plan we came up with for Sharnee on the day. It was beneficial for Nicole to be there as Sharnee is moving out to Nicole at the beginning of the new term. I do wish I had this LII at the beginning of the year or closer to when Sharnee started school not after one year when she was moving to a new class. However, I know this will be beneficial for lots of other students.




No comments:

Post a Comment