Tuesday 30 July 2019

Champion Centre

WOW! What an incredible place the Champion Centre here in Christchurch is!!
I had never heard of this place before finding out that I would have a student transitioning to school from here. I didn't know what to expect but I do know the child is not what I expected. You would not be able to tell that he was any different from any of our other students or be able to tell that he had a difficult start to life.
Champion Centre is amazing and they do the most amazing things with all of their patients. I was lucky enough to have been able to go out and visit and observe at the centre two times before my child started school.
I gained lots of new ideas from observing the different people there and what their role is at the centre. I loved the music therapy and occupational therapy. I have started implemented some of these strategies already.
The Champion centre also provides the student with an early intervention teacher- who has come along to all of the school visits. Judy is the most amazing lady, we have been so lucky having her expertise in our classroom over the last ten weeks and boy I am going to miss her next week! She has been a great help and has provided me with some really good fine motor activity ideas.
The write up that the Centre has provided for the school as a transitioning report is incredible and full of details and ideas. This is something very powerful and we are extremely lucky to get a transition document like it.







No comments:

Post a Comment