Thursday 22 July 2021

Staff Meetings Term 2 and Learnings and Relfections

 Staff Meetings


Inquiry

This was a good staff meeting, where we went back to planning the unit the old way, with paper and figuring out how many lessons we have and what we would focus on, it really allowed us to be well thought out and have a clear idea of where we go from the beginning. I enjoyed this meeting and being able to have my thoughts and ideas valued.


Mel - WST, AST’s - Clay, Heather, Jo

These meeting were basically about what their positions are and letting us know how they can help us.


Math - Joanne

Joanne shared feedback in this meeting as to how she is going working with the students and what she has been learning. As always it was great to talk with Joanne and get some ideas on things we could be doing. Most of all though this was a reflection session to think about what we are doing at the moment and what we need support with.Joanne also met with us 1:1 to share her observation feedback and I enjoyed being able to ask her questions about the numicon and new ways that I could be using it.


Christine Brown

She came at the end of the term and this was all about preparing for our Marae trip next term. It was really good for me to be reminded of the protocols of visiting a marae and the process of mihi whakatau. I enjoyed this workshop as I have been a couple of times previously and believe I have good knowledge of this process, Christine even said that with the paired task of matching cards that Rebecca and I did together. I am looking forward to going next term and preparing the class for the visit, It is great that Christine is coming back next term as we didn’t really get to make a start on our mihi work. I think that I am going to have to take most of mine out though as she said it was not appropriate to share at the marae.


Teacher Cluster Summit

I supported Kathleen as she was a presenter this time. She appreciated me being there and supporting her. It was really disappointing how unprofessional people were who attended though.


Structured Literacy

This has been such an important term for us in terms of using the information we have gained and really working on how it looks for us in our classroom. Nicole and I have now worked out a system of resources that we are using in our classroom and it has been great to get this well set up so we are both doing the same thing when we are teaching reading. This was good when we had the student teachers as they could also see what we were doing and were able to follow our same structure. The structured literacy team and myself led the structured literacy whanau workshops. The parents need more clarity on what they should be doing with their child at home so next term we are going to implement a home learning book where it will let them know in one place what they should be doing at home for the night. We will also be using our structured literacy groups during writing time and we hope that this will strengthen their work further by reinforcing the work we are doing in reading time.


OTJ discussions

This was a really great and robust day where we were able to talk through all the students in the hub. I really enjoy these times as it is good to think about some of the higher levels and what these actually look like in terms of their physical work as most of the time the students I teach are only in the 1b/1p area.


No comments:

Post a Comment